Sunday, November 6, 2011

GO PACK GO!

  I'm sitting here in the seventh floor lounge of my dorm with a bunch of my friends watching a Packer game (currently we are winning 21-14).  Can life get any better?? I think not.  Growing up in Wisconsin, all of my immediate family were Packers fans.  I suppose up until last year I was a Packers fan by default.  I didn't really care about football at all.  At the beginning of last season, however, something changed.  I don't really know why.  Maybe I realized that I couldn't escape it, maybe it was inevitable.  But now, I very rarely miss a game, and I legitimately know statistics about the Packers and the players.  Who would've thought?  Seriously, ask me how many sacks Clay Matthews (my favorite player) has in his career or even this season (26.5 and 3, respectively).  I actually do research on the teams we play each week, and I have a Packers application on my phone.  It's crazy to me, but Packers fever has definitely hit me! :)
  It's not even that I love sports.  Baseball is boring and basketball is nasty.  The only other sport that I will watch is soccer, and that's only when the FIFA World Cup is playing - Go Germany! :)  I love football.  Part of it is that I actually understand the rules and penalties, but another part of it is that it is so exciting!  I even enjoy watching other teams play - even though I don't scream nearly as much :).  Packer season is my favorite time of the year - I can't help it!
Go Clay!
  That's all for now - I have German homework to work on yet again!  Anyone have some extra Packers tickets? :)
StephanieAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment