Thursday, January 19, 2012

Movies with the best soundtracks!

Well, I'm back at school!  It's nice to be back, although it was a little odd at first.  I guess I was used to being at home...but I'm mostly back into the swing of things now, so that's good.  I haven't had much free time.  My Intro to International Relations class is actually pretty interesting, but it requires a lot of reading (I believe I've spent over 5 hours reading for it this week...and I'm not quite done).  German isn't going to badly so far, but it's going to start kicking my butt again, I'm afraid.  We're reading a play that is relatively easy to understand, but doing the summaries and vocabulary do take up a lot of time.  I still don't like Freshman Studies, but I'll get through it.
Anyways, the whole reason I'm writing this post (besides the fact that I'm procrastinating) is that since I've been doing an exorbitant amount of reading in the past few days, I've been listening to a lot of soundtracks from movies.  So I thought I'd make a list of my favorite soundtracks to listen to.  Keep in mind that these are only from movies I've seen (or that my mom has given me the soundtrack to).
1. How to Train Your Dragon - First off, if you haven't seen this movie, go and buy/rent it right now.  I'm serious. GO!  I could watch this movie every week and not get sick of it.  The music (by John Powell) is SO great!  Because I've seen the movie so many times, I can listen to one of the songs and tell you pretty much exactly where it is in the movie and what is happening.  Plus, it's actually catchy! :)
2. Braveheart - An excellent movie, and an excellent soundtrack!  Naturally, you probably won't like it if you don't like bagpipes.  But I happen to love them!  I've listened to this soundtrack on repeat for hours.  It doesn't get old!
3. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron - So, about half of the music from this movie has lyrics, but all of the songs are SO good!  Plus, if you haven't seen this movie, you should!
4. The Man from Snowy River - Another good horse movie with a great soundtrack!
5. Titanic - There are actually two separate CD's from Titanic, but I think the first one is the best!

Well, that's all for now, I really should work on some German homework! I'll leave you with this link though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9TanR_3M0o  It's one of the best songs from How to Train Your Dragon (although they are all great!) 

I'll write again as soon as I can!
StephanieAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment